Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Inner Stylist

I have always had this desire to be a hair stylist. However, a few of my friends from high school can attest (sorry, Jon) that it was never in the cards for me. Maybe it's my own wimpy hair or I am just not that talented. However, one of the great things about being the mother of a boy is the ability to use clippers on their hair, even if you are hair styling-challenged like me. Clipper guards make it nearly foolproof. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE mop-topped boy hair. However, we are in for several 80-90 degree days this next week and the short 'do is so much easier on the little man.

BEFORE - FRONT


BEFORE - BACK



AFTER - May 2008


August 2007


Last August, I trimmed B's hair so short that he didn't need a cut for 6 MONTHS! NO JOKE. I didn't go that short today (OK - it looks pretty close to that short now that I compare the pictures). 

As for G, barring any incidents with tape, glue or gum, I think she is safe from having to endure a "Styles By J" haircut.