Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Fall








I love school. If I could be a professional student, I would. I love buying school supplies, new sweaters, back packs. I love the feeling of infinite possibilities that the new school year represents. B, however, does not share this same enthusiasm for new things. Even though he kept going to "school" all summer, the format was more like a camp. Though he is in the same building with the same kids, this week brought a new room and new teachers. He tried to stay happy and positive for the drop off and even chatted up all morning how excited he was and how much fun he was going to have in his new class. Ultimately, however, the drop off did not go well. Lots of tears. Lots of begging and pleading for me to stay. Oh well. At least G was happy all day. I got a kiss, a wave and a, "Good Bye, Mommy" as I walked out of her room with B. Batting .500 I guess.

No comments: