Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Heavy

Sorry for the radio silence. If any of you are still reading, thanks. I am feeling totally out of control at the moment so taking time to blog has been low on my priority list. Let me explain.

We are in a state of flux right now. We are trying to decide if we are moving to another state. This would still be a local move, as in T keeps his current job and we attend the same church, but we'll be in a northern suburb instead of a southwesterly suburb. Huge decision with lots of factors to consider. It wouldn't be as difficult, except in our neck of the woods, it is time to enroll B in Kindergarten for next fall. Open Houses to attend. Forms to fill out. Assessment tests to take. Registration fees. So, how many schools do you look at when you may not be living in the same place come September? What if the house is on the market, but not anywhere close to selling? Do you reserve two spots and drop one when the time comes? How many back up spots do you line up? We really want B to attend a larger Catholic school. There aren't a ton of options in the new town, but some that look promising. Of course, my favorite option is just down the road - much closer than his current school. K-12. About to break ground on a new facility. I'd go on and on, but it only makes me sad to think he won't be there.

I have moved several times in my life. However, these moves has always been based on my station in life - off to college, dorm to sorority house, sorority house to live-out apartment, new apartment with first post-college job, newlywed bliss. I have never had to sell a house before - T sold his last home before he proposed to me. We bought this house thinking we'd only ever leave it if he got transfered. This gave me a sense of comfort because with a job transfer, the company (in theory) would help facilitate a sale if it didn't sell on its own. Getting a house ready to sell, especially with kids in the house underfoot, seems like such a daunting task. Most of the projects are things I really should do anyway, so, in a sense, I look forward to getting organized. But the list is long and my available time feels non-existent. Not to mention, T is heading into busy season - including several trips - in the near future.

So, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I don't know if it would be better if the decision was final, because then the reality would set it. I better go get to work. Just looking for a little something like this...the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

Totally understand. We are in a bit of limbo too and trying to make tough decisions without having enough information - I had no idea education would throw us for such a loop.

Good luck with it all - get enough sleep and be kind to yourself.

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you have all the reason in the world to feel overwhlemed and unbloggy. Limbo is the hardest place to be, I believe. Hope all goes well with the decision making. I second Rebekah...make sure you take care of you during all of this!