Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Compare and Contrast - boys vs. girls


I told my mom this analogy and she thought it was worthy of a blog post.

It is not a true story, but it could happen on any given day in our world.

Four Year Old Boy:
Boy, "Mom. Little sister fell face first in a puddle. Just thought you should know."
Mom, "When did this happen?"
Boy, "About 30 minutes ago."
Mom, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
Boy, "But there was this really cool rock, so I picked it up. Then I saw a big stick. Then I remembered that my favorite truck was over there, so I got it. I told you as fast as I could."

Four Year Old Girl:
Girl, "Mom. Little sister fell in a puddle. So, I picked her up. Got a towel and dried her off. I took her into her room and helped her change her clothes. She had a scratch, so I got a band-aid and got her all patched up. I then got her a stuffed animal, a blanket and some milk. I read her a story and she is resting in her room."
Mom, "When did this happen?"
Girl, "Oh, about 5 minutes ago. Just wanted you to know."

3 comments:

rebekah said...

Totally.

However, I have a niece and nephew who are twins, just about 12 years old. They both babysit while we are home. My niece would prefer to spend her time bossing my kids around and watching tv. My nephew is WITH the boys, playing, caring for them, anticipating what they need in a way that extraordinary. Maybe it's that this kid has 3 sisters:)

Steph said...

So funny and SO true!

Marlo said...

That's pretty cute.

I feel like I hear a lot of, "Mommy! Mommy! Sister is hurt. I didn't do it!"