Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nothing Says Summer Like A Little Tee Ball

I spent much of my summers growing up hanging out around ball parks. My sisters and I all played softball and my Dad was a coach, manager and an umpire (still likes to umpire). There were practices (2 or so each week) as well as games (2+ each week). Before I was old enough to play on a team (we had to be 8 to start WAY back then), I would attend my sisters' games and practices and typically played with the other siblings who also were too young to play.

Well, I wasn't quite ready to invest that much time in one activity for B, so I got very excited when I found out that our local parks and rec center has a tee ball program for kids ages 4-6. It lasts 5 weeks. 1 hour per week. 30 minutes of practice, then 30 minutes of scrimmage. Now that is a perfect amount of tee ball. 5 hours. TOTAL. B loved it. We thought it was adorable to watch. G loved playing with the other siblings on the nearby playground. I hope B thinks of his tee ball time as fondly as I remember mine.







No comments: