Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nice Hat


Though my Mom's siblings are relatively close in age, my cousins and I are spread across several decades. So while my parents had children in the 60s/70s, my next youngest cousin was born in the 80s and then more in the 90s. So while my moms' 4 grandchildren are spread over 5 years, her brothers aren't likely to be grandparents for another decade. 

That being said, often times my cousins feel like nieces and nephews. Now that I have young children, these same cousins now feel like aunts/uncles themselves. 

My cousin, who will be a college freshman this fall, came to visit yesterday afternoon. We had nice visit and at some point while talking to B, she told him to wear his old happy meal box like a hat. The idea stuck. He walked around tonight sporting his new hat, happy as a clam. 

No comments: