Monday, September 15, 2008

When toddlers dress themselves

Many moms choose to argue with their kids when deciding what the child will wear to school, church or a family photo. I've been known to go a round or two with B if he's made a particularly poor clothing choice. However, I know that if he goes out in clashing duds, MOST people will realize that I had nothing to do with the situation. I have actually been know to encourage some creativity when it comes to getting dressed so that when I have to pull the "you are not going out in that outfit" card, it carries some weight. This particular combo just screamed "photograph me" so that I can torture him later in life (think Prom night). He was very proud of each element - frogs on the (too small) hat & shorts, zebra on the shirt, Thomas snow boots (great on a warm, sunny day). So, for those of you readers who don't have a small child in the house, please know that if you come across a little person trying to express their inner "Project Runway" designer, Mama may not have prevented the combo, but she didn't necessarily endorse it.  


1 comment:

rebekah said...

Love it. Quinn could care less what he wears, although he does love his snow boots. Wore them today, but not to school.

My niece, now 7, has dressed herself and her younger sis for years. She has an unbelievable sense of style - completely her own. When you see her, you can tell no adult dressed her, and you are still quite impressed.