Friday, December 4, 2009

One of THOSE afternoons

G just got up from her nap. She has pretty much been in tears since I got her out of her crib (30 minutes ago), which leads me to believe she should go back for more sleep. So far, she has cried because the TV is off, the Christmas lights are on, Daddy is at work. We sat for a bit and cuddled. She cried for most of the cuddle, but we cuddled anyway. She calmed for a bit (a few minutes), even laughed at B. Then, she wanted a snack. When I finally realized she was asking for Teddy Grahams, I let her have 4 of them. She then cried because I put them on a plate, instead of in a bowl. Before realizing she wanted Teddy Grahams, I asked 3 times if she wanted some toast. No. No. No. When she saw my toast, she cried because she, too, wanted toast. Then she cried because it wasn't ready yet. Once it was ready, she asked that I put butter on it. I buttered it and placed it on her plate, to which she cried, "Noooooo budder!!" Now, while I type, she is crying, "I want Daddy!" over and over and over again. This is what I hear whenever she doesn't get her way. If I knew what her way was, maybe she would get it (except for the TV). Recently I heard a radio DJ give advice to a new father. He said, if you have daughters, you should learn to stand in the middle of the room and cry for no reason. This way you will fit in. Right now, I think he is spot on.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

WE ARE LAUGHING OUR BUTTS OFF! This is a daily type of day for Matthew. Seriously - down to the I WANT DADDY/MOMMY screaming - whichever other parent has not yet offended him at that moment. And the next moment it's a whole different game.

Yes yes. Time for a drink in these parts. But, since we have to face this again in the morning, we split a beer.

Trina Rae said...

What, no pictures? :)