Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I am fortunate to have a best friend who has been by my side for the last 23 years. Seriously. Today is her birthday and I wanted to share with the blog world what a wonderful woman and friend she is to me. We met in 7th grade and have pretty much been side by side every since. Typically, we are doing things differently, but nevertheless, we are doing them together.

Fate has help a bit. We went to the same college and pledged the same sorority - but we didn't do it to be together. We both looked at all of our options and made the best choice - with the luck of having one another there too. 


She was the first person to see my engagement ring. Here we are at my wedding. She stood by be for that and all the events leading up to the big day.

We have been there for 4 babies, hosting baby showers for each other. Here she is with her mom at my shower for G. She is the first person (after T) to know about me trying to get pregnant with B or that we were considering adopting G. I know I can call her at 3 am if I need help or at 12 noon if I just need to chat. She never gets mad if I hang up quickly due to a screaming child. 

My life wouldn't been nearly as happy or complete if it weren't for this very important friend in my life. I feel so blessed to have a best friend like her. Happy Birthday, J! Enjoy the day. 

No comments: