Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Long Wait

We decided to have a play structure installed in our backyard, hopefully done before we have a BBQ this weekend. It was nearly halfway complete before I clued B in on what was happening out back. (He was a school when they arrived and dozing in the car when we got home, so he didn't notice the truck outside.) I expected him to hear the drill and the hammering, but he wasn't really paying attention. Finally, I told him to look out back.  I told him that it wouldn't be ready to play on until tomorrow afternoon - hoping to prevent a mad dash downstairs. He was perfect. In awe. He stood, very quiet and very still, watching the installer work his magic with his power tools. Lucky for B, it was done just after bedtime, so he is good to go tomorrow. Lucky for me, Daddy is off from work the for next few days, so I have someone else to help me supervise!

No comments: