Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Harvest

I am not a gardener. Neither is T. One of the first luxuries he purchased in his adult life was a lawn service. However, I love fresh veggies - especially tomatoes. Every year when the farmer's markets of the area start to display the large, beautiful, bounty of produce, I feel like I should be growing my own. I then saw the infomercial for the Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter and I saw a potential garden in my future. When I came across the TTTP package in the WalGreen's "As Seen On TV" Aisle, I got excited. We bought soil. We put up some hooks on the deck. We bought tomato and bell pepper plants. 

The tomatoes are green. Not ready yet. But the peppers. We have one purple and one yellow pepper plant with lots of blooms and even some fruit. They are not, however, very big.


The teaspoon is there as a visual reference guide. Not huge but they are MINE!

No comments: