Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not for the faint of stomach...

Seriously. Stop now if you have a weak stomach.

Why, oh why, do my children wait until we are in the car to vomit?

Have you ever had to take apart a car seat, piece by piece, to get the vomit out of the nooks and crannies? Well, I am now an expert. I would say that as an infant and toddler, B only puked in the car. G used to be less picky. She'd blow chunks all over the house, in her crib, in the tub, in her high chair. Now, it's the car.

To add insult to injury, when she decided to fill my car with an odor that is so non-human, B was also in the car and he has a sympathetic gage reaction. So, if he sees, hears or smells it himself, he, too will get sick. Fortunately, I was able to distract him enough to keep him from joining the puke party. But then he fell asleep for the remainder of the ride home and couldn't hold his bladder. Yes, I got to take apart a second car seat so I could clean up the urine.

Yeah, me.

5 comments:

Karin said...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you. That is horrible! Have you been able to get the vomit smell out of the car? If not, you may have to get it detailed. NOT a nice aroma with all this heat we're having. Oh, I'm so sorry!

Jovial J said...

The good news is that only the rubber floor mats and car seat took a hit, so I think we got it all clean. With our 90 degree days, it could have been torture. So far, no lingering odors!

rebekah said...

blech. we've never ever had that. quinn has only puked twice, and both times in an appropriate vessel. mz has never puked.

you just need to stop putting them on the whirlygig every morning after breakfast.

rebekah said...

karma comes back around quick for me these days. just got a borderline puke on my lap. more of a warning spit up rather than a full on stink.

Chatter said...

Thank goodness, 3 boys, 4 years and I haven't cleaned vomit out of nooks and crannies yet. We came close one time but our oldest was able to shoot it far enough forward.