Friday, August 1, 2008

Hey Cuz

B has one thing for sure that I always wanted - a cousin who is close in age and who he sees relatively frequently. (Most of my cousins are 10+ years younger than me. We didn't spent a lot of time with my same-age cousins when I was growing up.) Now, we live about an hour away from my nephew, so we probably see each other less than many, but they are close enough to play together at their grandparents house on many occasions. B's cousin is 2 1/2 years older - so the same distance in age is between them as between B & G. Of course G will get to know this cousin, too, but there is something about being the same gender when you are growing up that can really help bring a closeness like no other. His name also starts with B, so we'll call him BB. Right now, they play together pretty well - though we still need to referee a bit. 

Here they are embracing when BB got to the church for G's baptism.  How is that for a welcome?


Next they are sharing a high-five. Such boys!




No comments: