Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Keep an Eye Out for the Water Bill

Laundry. I have been doing an obscene amount of laundry over the last few days. Why? First, we spent a few days visiting my sister. After any trip away from home, we always tend to have a backlog of laundry. Add to this issue the fact that my sister has a long-haired cat and T is allergic to cats (leads me wash EVERYTHING as soon as we return lest he become one big hive). My sister is also currently caring for a long-haired dog, so we brought lots of dog hair home, too. Second, the day after our return G decided to get the flu. It started in the car, then continued into the parking lot and all over me. Since G has a habit of getting car sick, I wasn't really worried, until she woke up at 1 am sick in her crib. She is only 2, so every time she got sick (several over the next 36 hour period) despite her efforts to make it to some kind of basin, most often her aim was off and lots of laundry needed to be done as a result. Good news is that her favorite lovey is machine washable. Even better news, she seems to be back to her old self as of this evening. Phew.

I have been planning to post pictures from B's birthday celebrations as well as our trip to the great state of Idaho. But, there is another batch of laundry to fold.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

Blech. Double blech.

I can honestly say we've only cleaned up puke a handful of times in our 5 1/2 yrs as parents. We are among the luckiest of parents that have ever ever lived.

Mama Papaya said...

Oh no! What a run. Glad to hear she is feeling better. And hoping your water bill doesn't need to come in parts...by a freight carrier.