Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best Ever Daddy

I hope that Father's Day is not the only time that T (and Grandpa and Boppa) feel celebrated. We are so blessed to have such engaged men in our lives.

I knew when I married T that he was a loving, caring, selfless, supportive, intelligent, patient man. I knew all of these qualities were great qualities to have in a father. I didn't really "get" it until B was born. His birth caught us both so off guard and T handled it with such grace. He was so frightened. So worried. But all I saw was my very calm husband. When G came along, it wasn't frightening in the same way, but frightening for other reasons. Travel to a third world country with just a few weeks notice. Changing the dynamic from 1 to 2 children - probably the most frightening aspect from the perspective of an only child. And once again, a very calm T stood by my side as we celebrated this new little life. He supports our family in so many ways. Through work. While at play. Even his hobbies. I never doubt his priorities. And neither do our kids.

I love you!! Thanks for being such a wonderful father to our children. In the wonderful words of G, you are the, "Best Ever Daddy!"



No comments: