Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Such a bad blogger

Or maybe I should say, Non-blogger. For anyone still out there, sorry for the silence. Got the camera out a few days ago and found pictures from nearly a month ago. Pictures that I intended to post just after they were snapped.

I have no excuse besides general lack of motivation. I have help with the kiddos. No major projects going on. Trying to keep myself from gaining back the 30 lbs I lost. Hardest part for me is that when I fall off the "good eating" wagon, it takes a few weeks before I see a real gain (more than 1-2 lbs) so I feel like I have a license to eat ANYTHING. A few weeks of that and BAM! Here come the pounds again. Doesn't help that I had stitches in my leg from a mole removal that included instructions of no strenuous exercise until they were removed (2 weeks!) and I am taking a medication that makes me feel sick whenever my stomach is empty. So, I am back on plan and going to make a serious dent. No fun when my new clothes start to feel a bit snug.

In other news, I just returned to reading "Love & Logic" because all of our togetherness is causing a bit of tension between Mama and the cubs. Lots of yelling from ALL of us. Not my idea of a good time. I love my little ones and I hate it when we are arguing. Hate it more when I lose my cool, especially when I am trying to keep a calm tone. Who is the adult? Sometimes having intelligent children who could argue a case in front of the Supreme Court makes parenting a bit more challenging. I will say that when a young child was crying at the park on Saturday afternoon and G started singing, "You can't always get what you want..." T and I were very proud. The offending girl and her Dad were out of earshot and most people wouldn't be able to tell what she was singing because it came out more like, "Can't get what want...can't get want..." but we knew what she meant and figured we must be saying/singing that a bit these days.

Yes, I am rambling. When I get my act together I will get photos up. No promises while T is out of town and the sitter is off most of the week, but I will do my best.


No comments: