Friday, June 4, 2010

Wuv, Twue Wuv

As heard at the dinner table last night while the nanny was with them...

B, "Annie, I've been thinking. I don't think you should marry Cord (nanny's boyfriend)."
A, "Really, why not?"
B, "I can think of a few people who are better."
A, "Who?"
B, "Well, me. I think you should marry me."
A, "I think you might be a little bit young for me, Buddy."
B, "Yeah. I guess you'd have to wait a long time. OK. You can marry Cord, I guess."
A, "How about I still get to give you a hug and kiss before bed each night? Would that be OK?"
B, "OK. I guess that will be OK."

Funny, since none of us have been talking about Annie getting married. None of us know why he brought it up on his own, other than he was just being lead by his beautiful heart!

When T and I got home, we chatted with him about it and explained that she'd be 38 by the time he is 23 and has graduated from college (which is the current minimum requirement in our house for marriage). He decided that since that is older than MOMMY, maybe she'd be too old.

No comments: