Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Patch - Take 2

Well, since PP - T1 ended abruptly due to a tantrum throwing 4 year old (I won't name names, but I think you can all make a guess) we tried it again a couple of weeks later, this time with Cousin B and his mom, Auntie Nicole. This patch was great. Lots of mud and muck. Hay to jump in. A pony to ride. Pumpkins to wrestle into a wheelbarrow.


Posing - why have all of B's smiles become the forced can't-really-smile (just-like-Chandler-on-Friends-smiles)? I have to hit myself or do something silly to get him to laugh to see the real grin.

Loving the time with Auntie Nicole

Buddy - the 23 year old pony who was so patient with the kiddos

This angle doesn't show it, but she was beaming the entire time.

Why must all piles of hay be jumped into by all little kiddos?

She can't really jump yet, but she wanted her turn anyway.

Now that he's 7, Cousin B had to show off by jumping from great heights.

Great toothless grin

When I showed him how to launch small pumpkins, I intentionally gave vague instructions hoping he'd lose interest if he had a difficult time getting them to launch. 6 or so attempts later, he was still at it. Better yet was his assistant, who really did help rather than get in the way. I love the way she's looking at him with total happiness - as seen in the close-up following.


No comments: