Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Five Years

Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of Poppa's death. He only got to meet the first great grandson, but he knew another was on the way at the time of his passing. He was one of the first people we told that B was on his way, but at that time, during Poppa's last week on earth, we were still in our first trimester and not ready to share the news with the world. The information was so new that we had no idea about the baby's gender. Poppa told me that I was having a boy. Though I wasn't surprised that he was right (he often told stories from his childhood about making similar predictions) it warms my heart to know that he was right.


I love this photo from our wedding. One, Poppa is wearing a tie. He never wanted to wear one but he did for our big day. Two, if it hadn't been for my grandparents, we would have had a very different wedding. I told T from the beginning of our wedding planning that we needed to have a local ceremony so that my grandparents could be there. This lead to a wonderful string of events that truly has shaped our weekly lives. We miss you, Poppa!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Such a sweet post. I remember you talking about him and your grandma so much. So sweet to see pictures of him!